Standard Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth.
The Business Operations Learnership
At Business Operations we are dedicated to servicing capability to business, commercial and wholesale banking across all banking products. Should you want to join a team who put the client at the centre of all we do, and make difference to the people we serve, then this is a great opportunity
Designed to help you gain valuable work experience you will have a unique opportunity to gain proficiency in the following:
Learnership | The Business Operations Learnership
- Ensure that all new account opening mandates are imaged and indexed on the system.
- Mandates to be viewed and retrieved from Metrofile on existing profiles.
- Complete the KYC process for Business Operations clients, timeously accurately and professionally, adheres to the Client Due Diligence framework/FICA.
- Vet and verify the files and request additional documentation and information where required.
- Ensure that all customer queries and requests are resolved within laid down turnaround time or SLA.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers by ensuring customer’s requests are actioned within SLA.
- To provide a consistently high level of support to both the internal and external clients in order to achieve the new business targets on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all application data is accurately verified in terms of laid down procedures and a full audit of the applications is completed to ensure internal fraud is prohibited.
- Ensure compliance with all credit, fraud and compliance processes policies and procedures
- Exceptional service is to be delivered at all times to customers, suppliers and all staff in order to meet and exceed expectations and also to optimise on internal and external CSI surveys.
- To ensure that by accurately processing all new business transactions, operational losses are kept down to an absolute minimum and are in line with laid down audit requirements.
- Ensure that routine compliance procedures and controls are adhered to, to minimise the risk of loss through the opening of fraudulent and undesirable accounts.
- Resolve account detail queries and problems within laid-down time frames.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Be a South African Citizen
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Have completed and passed Grade 12 with Pure Mathematics or min symbol “C” Maths iteracy
- Be computer literate
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Not be registered on any other learnership or internship
- Applications close 17 January 2021
Start Date: 01 April 2021
End Date: 31 March 2022
Learner Allowance: R4 000 per month
Location: Johannesburg- Constantia Kloof
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za