About the Internship
In this role, you will join a team that loves consumer technology, business strategy, building new opportunities, and growing relationships. You will be on the leading edge of helping to shape Uber’s direction and the future of transportation.
What You’ll Do
Learn about the mobility portfolio and the Uber culture
Build an understanding of customer pain points, requirements, and potential value that can be delivered by the Uber Mobility Platform
Find opportunities to improve our products, services, processes using market data and industry intelligence
Work with different parts of the Uber business to implement improvement projects, including working with operations teams, business teams, and technical support teams
Use data and insights to drive strategy recommendations and partner initiatives
Build and share findings and standard methodologies based on partner performance and effectiveness
Scale partnership programs that drive rides, market share, and rider preference
– Written and spoken fluency in English
– Currently enrolled in a Masters or Bachelors degree
– Availability to work 6 months full time in 2021 starting (March)
– Working rights in South Africa (No sponsorship available)
– Strong understanding and interest in Uber and competitive landscape
– Highly analytical, strategic thinker and data driven, but also a creative problem solver
– Ability to make thoughtful, meaningful recommendations under minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with internal and external partners
– Collegial, high energy, and persistent personality, and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
– Great sense of humour
– A prior internship experience working in a startup, tech company, or any kind of operations internship
Internships @ Uber
Perks & Benefits: We offer an above-average monthly internship allowance, Uber credits and much more!
You have the rare chance to create a global impact – we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics. We offer expansive mentorship from Uber employees to guide you through your internship experience and for you to build personal networks and friendships with hardworking people who share your passion for technology.